Busy lifestyles aren’t the exception these days; they’re the rule. Since we all struggle with increasingly hectic and stress-filled days, it can be difficult to prioritize fitness and make those trips to the gym happen.
Fortunately, there are lots of creative ways to get fit in a hurry. Some of the top fitness trends of 2014 are based on organization and squeezing in exercise between meetings or carpools. One of these trends, known as High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT), combines effective and intense training programs with quick and efficient sessions.
Read on to learn more about this exciting new workout style.
What is HIIT?
HIIT involves creating workouts based around short periods of extremely high intensity activity followed by “active” rest or complete rest. These workouts keep your heart rate up and burn more calories than traditional workouts. Since these short periods of activity are so efficient, the workouts are typically shorter.
Benefits of HIIT
High intensity workouts can benefit you in a number of ways. Here are some the reasons to give these workouts a try:
- They are very popular currently, so you can be sure to find a group or instructor.
- They usually require little to no equipment, often using only your body weight.
- They fit into busy schedules while producing great results.
- They are usually short (around 15-20 minutes), so you’re less likely to get burned out from working out.
- They promote greater fat burning during and after a workout than traditional plans.
- They boost your metabolism, especially helpful for middle-aged people.
- They can be done just about anywhere.
- They challenge and prevent boredom.
Thanks to the popularity of HIIT, it’s easy to find resources and get started right away. There are a vast number of workouts available for free online and many gyms now offer HIIT classes or personal trainers to help you get the most out of this highly effective workout. Don’t be intimidated; just go for it! HIIT is a great way to lose weight and look great.
Solutions for Problem Areas
HIIT and a calorie-restricted diet can help you lose weight, but stubborn problem areas sometimes don’t respond to weight loss or toning efforts. If you’re having trouble getting fat off your hips, thighs, stomach, or other areas, call our SmartLipo experts in New York City or Long Island to learn more about this gentle laser liposuction that helps resolve problem areas. Call today to schedule your free consultation at (631) 499-1831 or (212) 206-0023.
*Smartlipo is a trademark of Cynosure, Inc. *The information on this page is not intended to be used as medical advice in any way. Always consult with your doctor for any health related concerns and before starting a new diet or exercise program.