If you want to know how to lose belly fat, slim the thighs or shed those love handles or armpit fat, liposuction can help. With traditional liposuction, the surgeon inserts a tube called a cannula through very incisions in the skin. The cannula is then manually manipulated to break up the fat cells prior to suctioning them out with a vacuum tube.
While this can help you to shed inches and contour the body, traditional liposuction is a fairly invasive procedure. The manual manipulation of the cannula can lead to significant discomfort, swelling and bruising as well as a more lengthy recovery and increased risk of post-op complications.
How to Lose Belly Fat with SmartLipo
SmartLipo, also known as laser liposuction or laser assisted lipolysis, is a newer liposuction technique designed to be much less invasive and much more effective.
Rather than manually manipulating the cannula to break up the fat cells, laser energy is used to first melt the fat cells before removing them with a much smaller cannula than is used for traditional liposuction procedures. This results in far fewer side effects compared to traditional liposuction.
Stubborn belly fat is especially frustrating for patients who have lose a great deal of weight or who have had children because it just won’t go away with diet and exercise alone. Changes in metabolism as the aging process occurs can also contribute to a higher density of belly fat.
With SmartLipo, fat can be eliminated in the belly area and minor to moderate skin tightening can also be performed, a unique benefit of laser-assisted liposculpture.
Additional SmartLipo Benefits
For individuals looking to remove excess fat and trim the body, SmartLipo offers many benefits over traditional liposuction including the following:
· Local Anesthesia. As a less invasive procedure SmartLipo may be performed with local anesthesia and does not require general anesthesia.
· Quick Procedure. A SmartLipo session is often referred to as “lunch hour lipo” because it is relatively quick and can often be performed in just 45 minutes to an hour for a small area.
· Short Recovery. Recovery following SmartLipo is much shorter than after traditional liposuction with patients able to return to work in just a few days.
· Fewer Side Effects. Patients experience much less discomfort, swelling, bleeding and bruising with SmartLipo.
· Improved Skin Tightening. The laser has the added benefit of contracting collagen in the skin which helps to tighten loose skin for improved results.
· More Affordable. Our SmartLipo procedure can fit into any budget. We also offer financing through several companies like CareCredit. Call us right now to set an appointment to get pre-qualified during your free consultation.
SmartLipo can be used on most areas of the body and is particularly effective on small, localized areas like the belly, face, jowls, neck, back, arms and male breasts. Patients should be aware that, just as with traditional liposuction, SmartLipo is not intended for use as a weight loss tool and is most effective on individuals who are close to their ideal body weight but are bothered by stubborn areas of fat like a tummy pooch, saddle bags, love handles and armpit fat.
Contact Us Today for Your Free Consultation
At Advanced Cosmetic Surgery of New York, our laser lipo New York specialists have extensive experience in SmartLipo techniques and will be happy to meet with you for a consultation.
During this time they will discuss all details of the procedure including the benefits and risks, the type of anesthesia used, and liposuction cost in NYC and Long Island at our SmartLipo centers.
To learn more, call us today at (212) 206-0023 or (631) 499-1831.
People who shared this post on Facebook and Twitter also viewed our pricing page for more information.
*Smartlipo is a trademark of Cynosure, Inc.