Which celebrity nose would you like to have? Whose body? In a recent article on Yahoo, we peek into the minds of plastic surgery patients from last year and find out which celebrities they would most like to look like.
The American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS) released their annual report last month and revealed that their member surgeons saw a 13-percent increase in “celebrity-inspired procedure” requests.
The popular patient review and research site, RealSelf.com, also released some interesting information about which celebrities are being talked about most in their forums.
- Kim Kardashian’s eyes and jawline (eye lift & facial plastic surgery)
- Angelina Jolie’s lips and cheekbones (injectables & facial plastic surgery)
- Beyonce’s facial structure (facial plastic surgery)
- Brad Pitt’s, Jennifer Lawrence’s, or Natalie Portman’s nose (rhinoplasty)
- Julia Roberts’ smile (cosmetic dental work & lip injections)
- Kate Middleton’s nose and smile (rhinoplasty & porcelain veneers)
- Kim Kardashian’s and Beyonce’s backsides (SmartlipoTM laser liposuction and a Brazilian butt lift)
- Madonna’s youthful face (injectables and facial plastic surgery)
Why People Flock to Look Like Celebrities
Edwin Williams, MD (president-elect of the AAFPRS) stated in his Yahoo interview that the shift to more visual-based social sites such as Instagram as well as the popularity of “selfies” has strongly contributed to people becoming more hypercritical of how they look.
Additionally, when people compare themselves to celebrities, their solution is to change something about themselves to look more like that celebrity.
In fact, Dr. Stephen S. Park (president of the AAFPRS) explains that although celebrity photos are photo-shopped, altered, and distorted from reality, people take that image at face value and want to imitate it.
Even when the image is so out of touch with reality that no amount of SmartlipoTM could possibly achieve that same look. This can lead to dangerous obsessions as well as extreme plastic surgeries.
Are You Considering Plastic Surgery in NYC or Long Island?
Our highly-qualified New York plastic and cosmetic surgeons won’t encourage you to get Angelina Jolie’s lips, Natalie Portman’s nose, or Beyonce’s backside, but they will provide you with medically-sound advice for what feature would look best to enhance your natural beauty.
With 82 percent of all plastic surgery procedures being performed on women, our team of experts can help you find the ideal look you’ve been hoping for. We perform all of the most popular procedures and treatments including:
- SmartlipoTM laser liposuction
- Rhinoplasty and nose jobs
- Injectables (BOTOX® Cosmetic and facial fillers)
- Facelift and eye lift surgery
- Brazilian butt lift (using fat transfer)
Call us today to get a free consultation for laser liposuction or plastic surgery in NYC or Long Island. We can be reached at (212) 206-0023 or (631) 499-1831.
To the YOU that You Always Dreamed Of,
Advanced Cosmetic Surgery Team
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a registered trademark of Allergan, Inc.
SmartlipoTM is a trademark of Cynosure, Inc.